- The Show Pop-up Menu sadly, is not showing. Even I have three browsers: Firefox, Safari and IE 6.0; Hide Pop-up Menu is the function I get. So, what is the problem. Okay, when I have seen the inline codes of JavaScript, it seems really problematic, because it should not be calling two scripts. The lesson here, is you only use one script source, which is mm_menu.js. If your website have flash content, this is a serious problem. Remove the AC_RunActiveContent.js in above script before the head tag ends (Figure 1).
This file is usually, for flash content only. If you were asking, what if I have a flash file and it needs to be called by Javascript, where am I going to call it? Later on, I am going to teach you where to put this short snippet to your project. For now, leave it with script language = text/javascript. That's it.
So, I think your pop up menu should work now, next is the flash content, usually it's your header, to get attention to your website. It will never play, obviously because, we removed the source from the javascript tag above. The solution to this problem is to put the src="folder_name/AC_RunActiveContent.js" to the first script tag on the body of the html. Take a look at the figure below.
Apologize for blurred illustration, this is so problematic. But anyway, you would notice that for every flash content, you should call the AC_RunActiveContent.js and not on Pop-Up Menu. You will also see the AC_FL_RunContent in the script, so it's obvious it's not calling anything, just as I said put it in the script tag. I think, it solves the problem and removes the error in IE.
The next problem I experience, is that, the content (in div), overlaps my drop down menu whenever I am going to hover on the menu. This is the job for z-index. We are used to Cartesian coordinates (x,y) in three dimension, there is what we called z, the depth of an object. Fortunately in CSS, there's the property called z-index which acts as changing of the depth of the div layer. Just like when you want the picture in your document to be its background and the text in front of it. Set the z-index to 0 or just remove it, that solves the problem of overlapping content to drop down menus.
That's it, I hope you learned something from my experience in the world wide web development in Dreamweaver, sure there are problems out there, and we can share solving it.
No comments:
Post a Comment