While IE enjoys its percentage in the browser market, Firefox in a hurry, Safari for smoothness (not just for its font smoothing feature) and other hundreds of browsers coming in, do we really need a new browser. Well, the answer is not ringing but yes.
Google has launched the beta of its flagship browser, Chrome. Chrome, according to the free dictionary I found in the net is another term for Chromium (Cr, the element) when it is used in dyes or pigments. It is resistant to corrosion (oh, sounds good) and tarnishing (sure, no blemish). Does this mean the Google is in to the browser wars, that would be great.

Okay, after I installed the Chrome, these are the features that I found amazing.
- The design. I'm a design buff, so I love the color palette they have used to design the website (I hear Google product designers debating), the notebook style tabs (pretty cool huh), and the 11 buttons present (which would take IE for about more than 20). Simple yet cool to the eyes, very laid back but not lame. But the design would surely kill those low computers with low support in some effects (fading buttons and animations) anyway Google still bring it. Bring it on IE6! Well, we have IE7. Safari just got the font smooting. And I forgot, love the Chrome icon - very futuristic, but looks like my Pokemon ball.
- The search integration. It's pretty cool when a browser does everything for you. Chrome did it for me. When I'm searching for a website called Wikipedia (urrggh, we don't know that), when I started typing 'wi' the search results automatically came in. That's cool for me. The address bar can be substituted as a search bar in Google home. Although Firefox does that too.
- The Incognito. Wow, a cool name substituted for a the most lame name ever - private browsing. How would I suppose to hide when everyone know I was privately browsing. Google is so creative, they have to give a name for that function. It's time for my detective work, got to go Incognito.
- Well, it has to be fast, of not I'm not buying it. Well, it's fast, so I'm digging it. Damn.
- It's not memory hog for sure, so I recommend it for everyone who want a fast, less memory consuming browser. It only ate for about 6mb of the memory.
- It's like Firefox and Safari, well that's obvious. So you would enjoy the faster browsing experience.
- It's still beta, so the flaws are forgivable, but as of now, I found none.
Well, that's it for today's newest web technology, I hope you have learned so much from this blog, because I don't, seriously. That's all.
UPDATES on this blog
The following are the flaws I found when I'm using Chrome browser
- Youtube is not friendly on Chrome, when I'm loading other tabs. Maybe this is the downside of when other tab crash down the other still works. The tabs are not sharing bandwidth. Urgh! headache
- The other glitch, which is really visible is when I'm looking for a particular work, some yellow lines appear at the scrollbar, an eyesore. Well, Google can't read this.
No comments:
Post a Comment