Here I am, waiting inside the office; looking how once a crowded and busy office became a scene from an aftermath of war – quiet, cold and uncertain. These words underestimate our situation here in the Philippines. Our president just declared our country in a state of calamity. And as early as 3 PM, our administrator ordered to dismissed our work and go home to prepare and pray.
Not yet recovered from the ordeal we have experienced from Ondoy (International Codename: Ketsana), another weekend of ordeal will be dealt with, in the name of Pepeng (Codename: Parma). I hope he splashes us with rains, enough for us to recover, blows its wind, enough for us to withstand. I welcome him, although I do not know if he’s going to be good to me. He, too, shall pass.
I pray and have faith, because I believe it can move mountains, and typhoons too.
No comments:
Post a Comment